Thursday 24 July 2014

Playing Songs I Don't Know

This is an idea that I have had for a really long time. When I was about 13 I tried playing a song I didn't know from a set of chords I found on the internet. I had never heard this song and had no idea how it went, so I made something up. When I went and listened to the artist version later I realised how different it my version was. It intrigued me that the same chords and lyrics could be interpreted so differently.
I had this idea that I could do the exact same thing but video it, first time playing it with all the mistakes and awkward scrolling and pitchy singing because I don't know what chords I'm playing next; and with the stumbling of words.
I then asked myself who would want to watch that? The answer is I would, and if I do, someone else, somewhere does too.
- Izzy

No comments:

Post a Comment