Sunday 3 August 2014

LUCY Movie Review

I had high hopes for this movie. The trailer for this movie is so epic with Scarlett Johansen looking like a badass and Morgan Freeman's voiceover. My first thought was it's going to be just like Limitless but the trailer looked different so I went to see it and I have to say I was dissapointed.
The premise is great, the acting is great, except for the random flashes back to evolution the first 30 minutes is very capturing. Then it get boring, all I could think is I get it, she can do cool things. By this time I wanted more plot. Having random drug dealers chasing her wasn't enough anymore.
Don't even get me started on the end. You don't get any answers but not in an Inception way more in a the writers didn't really know what the end was going to be before they started shooting and this was just what they came up with on the spot.
The movie is very philosophical in parts, especially in concern with time. It messes with your brain a bit. The parts where they discuss time are the only really interesting parts of the movie that make you think at all.
- Izzy

No comments:

Post a Comment