Monday 28 July 2014

Getting Out Of Your Comfort Zone

Life is made up from a series of doing things you don't want to do in order to live. The few and far between fun times are what we focus on. There is a concert that I don't want to go to but my friend wants to go and she bought a ticket so I feel like I have to go with her. Thinking about it the last couple of days I realise that the only reason I don't want to go is because it out of my comfort zone.
It's at a small local venue and last time we went I didn't know anyone except her. I don't like to be uncomfortable, no one really does. Tonight I bought a ticket because I have enjoyed every concert I've ever been too and so many times before the best time I've had is when I stepped out of my comfort zone.
It's the best thing you'll ever do, I get anxious so it makes it more difficult but small steps are not how I do things. I go all in or not at all. The first time I fought this anxiety about stepping out of my comfort zone was when I was fifteen and I went on a mission trip to Cambodia. I loved it in the end but at the start I spent a whole day with severe anxiety and panic attacks, I cried and I felt sick and I asked to go home but I didn't and it was one of the best things I have ever done.
My advice: give it a go! Figure out if you need small steps or you need to go all out, Then do something that challenges you.
- Izzy

No comments:

Post a Comment